Our innovative software solutions are largely based on Smallworld™ Core Spatial Technology. The revolutionary, object-orientated and data-based product offers a powerful and consistent architecture and is used as a core component for various applications, for example for planning electricity, gas and water supply networks, designing telecommunication networks and for strategically analysing market opportunities. The software can be integrated into other geographic products including systems for customer-based management, market analyses, network planning and work management.
- A market-proven portfolio of products that cover the entire lifecylce of network assets
- The architecture is based on open standards and supports extensions for more complex customer solutions
- Implemented in industry-leading technology plattforms
ITS Partnership with GE
- GE Energy development, implementation, sales and training partner since 1997
- GE Award Winner in various categories, for example “Regional 2021 Licence Price” for the German, Austrian and Swiss region
- Over 50 project launches at utility companies
- Numerous products and solutions based on Smallworld GIS
- Highly qualified consultants and project managers as well as IT specialists and engineers with masters and doctorate degrees
Smallworld NRM – sector-specific applications in Smallworld GIS – are fully developed standard applications that are specially designed for geographic and sector-based documentation as well as for analytic and statistic evaluations of networks and their assets. An optimal data and funtional model ist available for each utility sector.
Over 20 years of development and user consultations as well as over 35 years of experience in editing utiliy network data in the energy and water sector form the heart of the specialist applications for electricity, gas, water, district heating and sewage. As a result, these standardised data models belong to the most widely used GIS products internationally.
As a user of these sector-specific applications, you are operating a software that is implemented in over 300 companies. This means that developer costs are spread evenly amongst all users compared to inidividually customised solutions. Furthermore, maintenance and upgrade costs for these sector-specific applications are less than customised solutions.
Fully developed Products
- Quality assured products through the large user base
- Quicker Implementation via ready-to-use standard installations
- Multilingual and consistent handling and usability
- Reduced training costs due to the uniform user interface for all sector-specific applications
Supporting current Rules and Regulations
The development of sector-specific applications is based on exisitng rules and regulations such as the DIN 2425 or VDE-AR-N 4201 and GW 120. Furthermore, the data models for gas and water are certified by the DVGW-GAWANIS, more precisely all secctor-specific applications are based on rules and regulations of the VDEW, AGFW and DWA and include standards such as CIM or DIN.
Current requirements by regulatory authorities regarding § 3 Nr. 27 EnWG and industry syndicates are continuously taken in to account when ongoing development takes place. This ensures the best possible support for regulation management. Modules for network analyses and network statistics within these sector-specific applications retrieve GIS-relevant information such as performance, supply range or network complexity. This data is made available to the user. The standardised module outage statistics offers functions for reporting requirements regarding supply disruptions.
Products for Smallworld GIS
- IBI Workflow – depicting complex business processes
- IBI Lifecycle – configurable history management
- ITS Business Object Interlink – data integration
- ITS Pipeline Network Analysis – evaluating and analysing pipeline networks
- ITS Electricity Network Analysis – evaluating and analysing power grids
- ITS Instant Find – ‘Googling’ for Smallworld data and documents
- WGI Gas Network Manager – gas supply networks in Germany
- ITS Utility Base Map – base map of supply and waste utility companies
- ITS TRAFO89 – ETRS89 transformation
- ITS Circuit Plan Assistant – half-automatic circuit plan creation
- ITS Simple Network Model – geometries for documenting additional networks
- ITS TK VE – telecommunication management for utility companies
- ITS Fibre Route Management – fibre cable management and routing paths
- ITS Circuit Diagram Generator – automatic circuit diagram generator
- ITS Constructive Dimensioning – quick visualisations of dimensions
- Grid Documentation – power grid mapping with routes
- ITS Toolbox DB – support for using alternatives
- ITS Toolbox Explorer – mass editing in the Smallworld Explorer
- ITS Toolbox Plots – flexible and quick plot creation
- ITS Toolbox QA – assessing and statistically evaluating editing results
- ITS Fibre Auto-Routing – producing circuit routes
- ITS netPlanning – planning fibre optic connections
- ITS Toolbox Admin – efficient administration in Smallworld GIS
- ITS Toolbox Navigation – easy navigation in Smallworld GIS
- ITS Toolbox Electricity – efficient documentation in the specialist application for electricity
- ITS Toolbox Documentation – efficient documentation in Smallworld GIS